Okhotny Ryad Shopping Mall in Moscow, Russia
Looking for Okhotny Ryad shopping mall? Imagine - your first days in Moscow, and you've finally made it to Manezhnaya square. You've passed The Kremlin with its beautiful churches and chapels, you've been to Moscow Red Square with GUM, Mausoleum and St. Basil's Cathedral, you've taken a lot of pictures...
...in short, you've done your job! Now it's time for some rest and shopping! Of course, there's GUM, but it's very expensive and crowded, and you've heard there's another mall right nearby.
You look around and you just don't see it! It must be right here, near Manege - but the square is empty! Well, dig deeper. As they say in the movies - "you are standing on it!"
What an enormous job did the builders do! To think that merely several years ago there was nothing, simply nothing here! Don't forget they had to be really precise - otherwise they could easily damage some historic building, or destroy some historic artifact. Plus, Moscow metro is right nearby - and it's very sensitive!
Frankly, I don't have a clue how they pulled off a project so big in a space so tight. The wonders of modern technologies, I guess!
Three floors. Three enormous underground floors of consumption! You will find nearly anything on these premises - jewelry, shoes, bijoux, apparel, hats, sportswear, electronics and much, much more. The prices are not much cheaper than Moscow GUM's, but hey - we live only once!
I love the design. The stairs, the passages - everything is so neat, well-lit and broad! Although the mall is crowded, you don't feel that - there's enough space for everyone, which is great when you live in megalopolis.
Got tired? Plenty of places to rest. Consider "Coffee-House", which sits right on the lower level. You also have "Shokoladnica" cafe - my personal number one! Ohh, the pancakes, the pies, the tea... In short - it's a must!
Really hungry? "Mcdonalds", "Sbarro", "Il Patio", "Yo! Sushi", "Kroshka-Kartoshka", "Dvornyi Pivik" are at your service. And trust me - I haven't mentioned all of them!
Another good thing about "Okhotny Ryad" is that it links straight to the metro. When you're loaded with bags and your belly's full - last thing you need is traveling around looking for a subway entrance. Here, all you have to do is get into the right passage and hop on the train.
Your hotel is waiting!
...rest well for tomorrow!
- Seven Sisters in Moscow - The Seven Stalin's Skyscrapers
- Eliseevsky Store in Moscow - The Story of Eliseev's Gastronome.
- Izmailovo Kremlin in Moscow - right next to Izmailovo Vernissage
- Gorky Park in Moscow - Summer 2011
- Alexander Garden in Moscow
- Moscow International Business Center - The Wonders of Moscow-City
- Moscow Sparrow Hills (AKA Vorobyovy Gory)
- VDNKh Revisited
- Worker and Kolkhoz Woman Monument
- Gagarin Statue in Moscow - Take Time to Visit Yuri Gagarin's Monument!
- Pushkin Statue in Moscow - Let's Visit Pushkin Monument!
- Peter the Great Statue - one of the most known Moscow monuments
- Moscow monuments - the list of best monuments in Moscow
- Moscow Atrium
- Novodevichy Convent - The Tales Of Novodevichy Monastery